Twenty things you may not know about me!
Wolf and Word has been around for five months now, so I thought I’d give you a little more insight into who I am! Here’s a list of 20 random things you may not know about me;
1. My favourite colour is red.
2. I live in the country, in a regional city, only 30 minutes away from the small town I grew up in.
3. I am the sixth of seven children. I have three brothers and three sisters. Out of the seven of us, I am the only one with brown eyes.
4. Most of my older siblings moved out before I can remember much about living with them. Now we are spread out all around Australia.
5. My younger brother and I had a cubby house which was a garden shed. In it was an old typewriter which I would use to type up my ‘magazine’ which I had titled Remedy (as it was supposed to be a ‘remedy’ for boredom.)
6. I also used to create and then type up ‘find-a-word’ puzzles which would reveal a message with the left-over letters once you had found all the words. My crowning achievement was an X-Files themed puzzle which when solved, of course, spelled out “The truth is out there.”
7. So, if you hadn’t guessed, I’m a little bit geeky. I read comics, I love superhero movies, and I have been known to play the occasional video game.
9. I am married to an awesome guy named Josh. We’ve been married for seven years and we’ve been together for ten.
10. Josh and I have two children, a boy aged 6 and girl aged 3.
11. I’m not really a fan of cold weather.
12. Which makes it kind of surprising that high on my list of places I’d love to visit is Oslo, in Norway. It just looks so beautiful.
13. Also high on that travel wish-list? New York, Paris, Madrid, London and Los Angeles.
14. My first job was as a sales advisor/product demonstrator in a toy-store.
15. I have also worked as an inbound telemarketer for a major telecommunications company, where most of my day was spent fielding complaints. That was not my favourite.
16. I have a bachelor’s degree in Communications with majors in Print Journalism & Tourism. While my career may not have followed the trajectory I had originally planned post-Uni, I don’t regret either the degree (I learned a lot at Uni and met some great people) or where my life is at now (I have the most awesome family, and love getting to stay-at-home with my children while they are little.)
17. Being a writer, I obviously love to read, but I am also a huge fan of film. I absolutely love ‘the magic of the movies’ and a great film can put me on such an inspiration high. I especially love getting to see movies at the cinema. Cinema dates have been few and far between over the last couple of years, but that’s all set to change this year and my husband and I have just become members of our local film club, meaning more movies, more often.
18. I am really not very good at cooking. I would love to have a better kitchen repertoire but when I branch out things seldom go to plan!
19. I am really uncoordinated when it comes to sports, when I was younger I used to feel sick before any team sport because I was so anxious about ‘letting the team down.’
20. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 27, and only really started driving regularly last year. It was a huge fear for me and I’m so relieved to have gotten past that as there was a time I believed I’d never be a driver. But I did it! I faced my fear and now I drive all the time. I like to remind myself of this whenever I start letting fear stand in my way.
How about you?
Tell me something I may not know about you in the comments below!